Please see the key findings and infographics of the Taskforce for Lung Health inhaler technique survey results.
- 1,042 people from England with a lung condition who used an inhaler responded to the survey.
- 23% reported they had never had, or do not remember ever having an ITC. Those from the most deprived third of areas were 1.5 times more likely to state this compared to the least third deprived of areas.
- Of those that knew when their latest ITC was, 76% stated they had not had an ITC in the previous 12 months.
- Of those who remembered what happened at their last ITC, either remotely or face to face, 81% received verbal advice and 56% had technique demonstrated.
- Of those responding on the helpfulness of the check, almost 9 out of 10 (88%) said it was at least somewhat helpful. 67% reported a positive impact such as confidence, understanding or reduced exacerbations, and 41% used their inhaler differently due to the check, and had not gone back to the way they were using it before.