Edge Hill University
1 Full-time Studentship
One full-time PhD studentship is available, funded by the NIHR Applied Research Collaboration (ARC) North West Coast and Edge Hill University. The purpose of the NIHR ARC funding is to support applied Health Care, Social Care and/or Public Health research relevant to the needs of the diverse communities served by the NIHR ARC and its local health and care system and be implementable across the local region. The research should be generalisable and have wide applicability across health and care nationally, as well as within the local health and care system where it is conducted.
The full-time studentships are tenable up to 3 years full-time (subject to satisfactory progress) and will cover the cost of tuition fees at Home/EU/International rates. A stipend in line with the UK Research Council is payable at £15285 per annum, and an additional allowance of up to £1000 per year will be paid for approved research costs.
The studentships are open to Home, EU and International applicants. It is expected the successful applicant will commence 1st February 2021.
The supervisory teams have a broad range of expertise, and experience in successful supervision to PhD completion.
Potential applicants must:
- consult the HIAT and demonstrate consideration of the toolkit in their research proposal
- discuss their research proposal with the appropriate Primary Supervisor prior to application
- in conjunction with the Primary Supervisor, approach the appropriate NIHR ARC Theme Lead for approval of the research proposal prior to application
Applicants should have (or expect to have been formally awarded by 1st January 2021) at least a UK Bachelor honours degree at second class (upper division) level (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant discipline.
Applicants must have completed and been awarded any current course of study by the proposed start date (1st January 2021) otherwise they will not be shortlisted.
International and EU applicants require an English Language level of UKVI IELTS 7.0 (no sub-score less than 6.5) or acceptable equivalent qualification. Further details about language requirements can be found here.
Further information – click here
For the application form and full details of the studentship topic go to this webpage. Please click on each link to access proposed studentship topics and contact details, should you wish to discuss your proposal.
To submit your application:
- Please complete the application form online.
- Once you have done this, please attach a download of your application form, along with a a fully completed research proposal (not more than 1000 words excluding references) related to the title you are applying for, as well as a full academic CV, and return it by email to Graduateschool@edgehill.ac.uk quoting the studentship reference number 001/NIHR/FEB21 and the project title, in the subject of the email.
- If you are an International or EU applicant, please ensure your IELTS certificate (or equivalent) is also attached to this submission. Applications without this information will not be shortlisted.
Closing Date: 09 11 2020 at 16:00 (GMT)
Fixed Interview Date: 07 12 2020
CURRENT EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY RESEARCH STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE RESEARCH STUDENTSHIPS