We are seeking a COPD lead for ARNS! We are looking for a member who is enthusiastic about improving the lives of people living with COPD through representing ARNS at local, national and even international levels. You do not need to be an expert, just passionate about helping us to ensure respiratory conditions, particularly COPD, are at the top of the strategic health agenda. If that’s you, we would love to hear from you. Joining the ARNS respiratory disease sub committee as COPD lead is a great way to have a real influence in the future direction of respiratory nursing and enhance your career development.
The term of office is an initial two years with an option to extend for a further two years. As COPD lead, you will be expected to:
- Provide a short biography and photograph for the ARNS website.
- Attend four sub committee meetings a year (via Microsoft Teams).
- Attend joint committee meetings (face-to-face or online).
- Attend a pre-conference committee meeting. You would receive a funded place at conference, an honorarium and travel costs in recognition of this.
- All sub committee members are required to attend one strategy day per year, usually held in October/early November, for which there is an honorarium and travel costs are also covered.
- Support ARNS educational webinars, podcasts and other resources.
- Assist at the ARNS conference.
- Write a yearly blog for the ARNS website.
There may be occasional requirement to represent ARNS at meetings such as round table meetings or consultations. ARNS will refund travel for these if not covered by the organiser.
You would also be expected to provide comments and guidance on various stakeholder consultations such as NICE, BTS and Asthma and Lung UK.
If you would like to apply for this important role, please send a short CV and statement detailing what you feel you could bring to the role. Please send your CV and statement of why you think you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th April 2023. Informal interviews will be arranged to take place in-person at the ARNS Conference, or by Microsoft Teams if you are unable to attend the Conference, on the evening of 11th May 2023.