ARNS supports applications for assistance towards course fees for members and non-members. As a member you can also apply for a bursary towards attending a respiratory conference or the purchase of books, to support your learning
- It should be made clear in the application form how the individual hopes to improve the care of their patients by attending the course/conference.
- All forms must be completed fully before submission
- We allocate a total of £5,000 for a twelve month period for at least 8 bursaries.
- Bursaries can only be awarded for a maximum of 50% of the cost of the course/conference.
- The average bursary will be for £250 but all applications will be given consideration depending on their merit.
- Bursaries will usually be paid to the institution which is providing the course or conference; if this is not practical then costs will be reimbursed only with appropriate receipts or invoices.
- Bursaries can be applied for throughout the year but will only be awarded twice a year in March and September of each year.
- Successful applicants must agree to give feed back to ARNS within 12 months, either as a poster for the conference, an article for the newsletter or a brief presentation at the annual conference.
- If you receive a bursary and fail to complete the course or attend the conference, you may be asked to pay back the bursary.
Download ARNS member bursary application form here
Download ARNS non-member bursary application form here