We are seeking a Children and Young People’s (CYP) respiratory disease lead for ARNS! We are looking for a member who is enthusiastic about improving the lives of young people living with respiratory conditions by representing ARNS at local, national and even international levels. You do not need to be an expert, just passionate about helping us to ensure respiratory conditions, particularly in children and young people, are at the top of the strategic health agenda. If that’s you, we would love to hear from you. Joining the ARNS respiratory disease subcommittee as CYP lead is a great way to have a real influence in the future direction of respiratory nursing and enhance your career development.
The term of office is an initial two years with an option to extend for a further two years. As CYP lead, you will be expected to:
• Be a current member of ARNS
• Attend four subcommittee meetings a year (via Microsoft Teams).
• Attend joint committee meetings (face-to-face or online).
• Attend a pre-conference committee meeting in May. You will receive a funded place at conference with an honorarium and travel costs in recognition of this.
• Attend one strategy day per year, usually held in early November, for which there is also an honorarium with travel costs covered.
• Support ARNS educational webinars, podcasts and other resources.
• Assist at the ARNS conference.
• Write a yearly blog for the ARNS website.
• Represent ARNS at round table meetings or other consultations. ARNS will refund travel for these if not covered by the organiser.
• Provide comments and guidance on various stakeholder consultations such as NICE, BTS and Asthma and Lung UK.
• Provide a short biography and photograph for the ARNS website.
If you would like to apply for this important role, please send a short CV and statement detailing what you feel you could bring to the role. Please send your CV and statement of why you think you are suitable for the role to email@example.com by 5pm on 16th February 2024. Informal interviews will be arranged to take place via Microsoft Teams – date to be confirmed.